Friday 13 February 2015

Thresholds of Greater Misery

Finally reached the stage of mocking up a physical copy of the zine. Here are some pictures:





It's 16 A5 pages, but not all of the images are final and I'm going to add more in the finished version. The response I got was positive but I was advised to use more lampshade imagery as a throughline for the work and think of a more engaging cover. I'm thinking of doing varient covers for the four copies I need to make.


These are some book binding tests.I tried about seven. For the printed mock up I went with a standard staple binding, but I think I'm going to use thread band binding for the final version.


This is the current front and back cover. It's kind of a placeholder at the moment but I still quite like it. I want to do more images that incorporate text as a halftone pattern.



These are some more photomontage images, this time of postmodern philosophers. I like the idea of using multiple images to literally explore the different sides of a person.



These two use type and imagery associated with 20th century writers to explore postmodernism from a literary angle. I like the sentiment but I'm still thinking of ways to take them further. There's so much blank space in these images and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment