Tuesday 28 October 2014

Beneath the Moaning Red Oak Boards

The late October air hangs heavy in the bedroom, already weary of the approaching dawn. Silence clings to every untouched surface, its hold unbroken save the frenzied clicking of an insomniac at work on his computer. The art student is awake.

He runs his fingers through his patchy beard, pondering what to type. Perhaps a joke to open with? He shakes his head, instead settling on a pretentious impression of his early morning ennui. "That'll let them know how sensitive I am", he says to himself in what he fancies himself a solemn manner. Then he decides to abandon the third person pretence because the joke is starting to become stale.

I finished the first sample page this morning.

 It's not exactly golden, but I only had two days so I guess it could be worse. If I can convince Michele to let me publish it as a webcomic, I'll be aiming for two updates a week, giving me about a day longer to produce each page. With no slip ups, the whole story should be finished in around 8 months. However, I really need to redraft the script again before beginning production, not to mention finishing inking my short and figuring out hosting options. At this point I'm beginning to get delirious from sleep deprivation so I think it's time to wrap this up. With any luck, I might just be able to squeeze out one more page before the hand in on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment